Wednesday, March 11

THE PICTURE


PART ONE – FATHER TO SON...

Look into my eyes, my son, don’t you look away

Come out from that shadow, come into the ray

Its been a hard life for you, you know I understand

You were in the sea out there, lets get you back to land.

What is it with your eyes, my son, why are they so red?

Is it the hate that you carry, or the tears that you’ve shed?

You don’t need either, because neither of them, is you

Leave them all behind, my son, and start over new

Look at the picture over there, hanging on your wall

Lets walk into the picture, and walk beyond the wall

Breathe in all the blue, my son, and sit on all the green

It is not just a picture, this is where you had been.

Before the day you left my hand, and went away from sight

And ran beyond the picture, ran beyond the light

I do not care about that, now that you are here

Back into the picture, long way away from fear


5 comments:

  1. Pangs of separation from loved ones - really nice the way you have brought out the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Niyad

    Great come back!!
    Amazing words which are just giving the right feel.

    Specially these lines:

    “What is it with your eyes, my son, why are they so red?

    Is it the hate that you carry, or the tears that you’ve shed?

    You don’t need either, because neither of them, is you”


    These lines have touched me!! Father doesn’t want his children to carry either fear or tear..
    Parents read our eyes, we can’t lie to them. Our eyes will say those unsaid words, and parents understand them.
    Nature has unbelievable powers. Parents are one among them.

    Your poems make readers to think / recall.
    Would like to read more.

    Cheers
    Raki

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rocksta and RK

    Thanks for the comments guys. Father and son. the relation thats different from all the other ones.
    Words are few between the two...
    but the feelings are intense n true..

    ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. arrey yaar...even your comment is so intense...wish i could insert that "rolling on the floor laughing" smiley here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Niyad...ur poem left me in a silence, which moved me so much...I really have no words to explain that feeling i experience while reading dis one...absolutely beautiful...ur poems remind me of my favorite Russian poet...Alexander Block...that's why I am a big fan of ur poems...keep writing...coz u have a great fan following here waiting for ur blogs like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete

Type here.......:)